November 7 - November 10

November 7 - November 10


Important Dates: 

  • November 17 - Fall Showcase
  • November 21 - Grade 6 Vaccinations 
  • November 24-25 - Conferences 
  • November 25 - No School 


Hi families!


We hope you have a great week. We had a very busy Thursday with the Remembrance Day Assembly and a shorter week. Instead of collaborative writing, we had a group discussion about what we did this week...


ELA

I can analyze a poem for key vocabulary I can summarize a poet's main idea
I can identify a tree as deciduous or coniferous. I can identify a tree by its leaves or needles (type, arrangement, margin, shape) I can describe what a tree’s bark looks like I can tell where 2 local deciduous and 2 local coniferous trees are found in Alberta.
I can elaborate on details in my writing using figurative language and imagery (sensory detail) 


“We did Science in ELA!” “We researched Alberta Trees” “I learned that some trees or bushes have two different types of flowers, some male and some female” “One thing I learned about the Larch tree is that they do not do very well in drought conditions and prefer sun.” “We did a writing assignment where we had to create a story off a picture” “Our goal was to make a creative story by elaborating on details” 




MATH


I can identify factors and multiples less than 100. I can identify prime and composite numbers. I can solve problems using factors and multiples

I can order and compare fractions with the same and different denominators. I can determine equivalent fractions.


“We learned about factors” “We learned about equivalent fractions” “We wrote a math quiz testing factors, multiples, and factor trees” “We went through slides reviewing fractions from Grade 5”





SCIENCE


I can identify different types of fungi I can identify fungi's habitat I can sketch and label my scientific subject


“We worked on our four trees research and then we did a fungus drawing and had to research where it was found and if its poisonous” “We also identify trees by their leaves using dichotomous keys”

         


SOCIAL 


I can describe how the provincial government is structured. I can describe the role of the Lieutenant Governor in the provincial government. I can describe the responsibilities of the provincial government. I can explain how representatives in the provincial government are chosen. I can describe the differences between MLAs and a cabinet minister.


“We learned about the different cabinet members and MLAs” “We learned the role of the Premier, and our Premier is Danielle Smith”  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 6 - September 9

October 24 - October 27